Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Ebay issues.

(1/3) > >>

Brian Miller:
Does anyone have insight as to why Ebay is a mess for finding items right now?

Terry:
I've been having problems with youtube since yesterday. Looking at that I found a site called downdetector.com

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

People - probably not us - report when sites are down.  Here's a selection of their complaints:

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/news/419177-problems-at-ebay/

I've had a few failures sending emails myself. Seems to be a consensus that eBay is updating functions and screwing things up.

I recommend NOT changing any bookmarks to solve the problems as they may be temporary.

Terry:
I just went to write some listings and the scales and gauges are GONE. 

So what I used to list in Toys and Hobbies/Model railroads/ho scale/other HO scale
now  goes into

Toys and Hobbies/Model railroads and trains/Railroads and trains/other railroads and trains
which has 184,000 results.

There is a drop down on the page to select gauge, but none of my old listings has that filled out. For diescast cars it's the same thing but called scale.

They have Lionel Standard gauge as one of the selections, but it's not on the main menu and has to beaccessed with the see all link at the bottom of teh drop down. Only  266 results come up for Lionel standard gauge.  A normal week had about 300-350 auctions with another 1000+ fixed  price listinsg in the standard gauge categories.

We'll figure out how to find the trains we want, but I can't be giving trains away like last time eBay messed with the categories.

starfire700:
Ebay is a mess, they continue to dumb it down and screw it up. I am convinced that a 16-year-old who knows nothing about trains is writing their programs.

Terry:
My guess is the person designing the categories is a woman. She wants a SWEATER -- BLUE made of WOOL in SIZE 4 with a V-NECK. She'd check off all the capitalized words as keywords and then scroll through results.

We collectors don't shop that way. We're opportunists who buy items that we see that fit into our collections.

I wrote listings for standard gauge junk just to get rid of it. I think people will search for Lionel standard gauge.  If I have time today I'll do some diecast cars because that category wasn't changed.

Then again with the supply chains disrupting Christmas imports, maybe I should sit on the diecast until people start Christmas shopping?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version