Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Missing in delivery

(1/3) > >>

romiin:
  Have you had any items go missing in delivery?  I had a really nice 217 caboose on it's way to only find out it went missing after waiting a month for it.  The tracking said it was in the delivery warehouse soon out for delivery,  then it never showed up. How do you loose a 15" long box, don't think it fell behind the seat.  Got a Ebay refund, but really just wanted the item. I think to protect the delivery companies reputation,, Ebay Sayed it got damaged and sent back to the seller.  I contacted the seller, he knew nothing about it.  Chance you take I guess. Just a little p#ssed.

starfire700:
Have you not seen on the news UPS, Amazon and other shipments, mainly on train cars in yards, being looted and destroyed by vandals, because of a lax position against crime, lack of police etc? Not just porch pirates, but many ways your shipment can go missing. We have had Fedex shipments that they even admitted were stolen. It is a sad situation.

romiin:
  I hear ya. I do expect it got stolen, but can't prove it.  Ebay and amazon keep using them, probably because their price. 

Terry:
I NEVER ship parcel post by the post office anymore. They tend to end up in containers sitting behind regional sorting centers during busy times. They always sort the 1st class then the Priority mail. parcel post is last and if they don't get to it, it sits for the next day.

Ebay guarantees the buyer will get the item ordered. If it doesn't show up when it should, you complain to eBay and they will refund your money. Sometimes they go after the seller; sometimes they don't.

About 4 years ago, I had two people buy Tonka trucks and then complain when they stopped moving according to the tracking. Ebay refunded them both. In one case I was able to pay the post office $10 and maybe the return shipping to get the truck back. In the other case the truck was delivered and the buyer sent me a check.   That was the last time I did parcel post.

After 23 years of shipping trains sold on ebay. I've only lost 1 item. That item was delivered to a PO box in a different small midwest town. Either I screwed up the zip code or the post office did.

romiin:
  I do find that items I buy on Ebay using the global shipping program, travel through the united states in a timely manner. But when it hits Toronto its any bodies guess when you will see it. It takes around 10 days to make it's way across Canada, then sits in a delivery warehouse for 3-6 days, But what can you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version