Discussion Boards > Collector Corner

2245W and T Tenders

(1/2) > >>

starfire700:
I have 2 diecast 2245 tenders a "W" and a "T". Both have higher spring-type trucks with nickel journals. They look like 1938 production.
Is this possible because I thought this diecast tender did not come out until 1939, and would have to come with a black 225E.

starfire700:
Also, was wondering if the small plastic nub on the pick-up shoe is 1938 and 39, or just 1939.

starfire700:
Please left-click on photos to enlarge

Terry:
I have the 2245W tender just like you show with a Black 225E. It has no center pickup on front truck (not sure if that's correct) and a 2-rib hood on the coupler. There is a plastic nib on the coupler slider. It has an inventory sticker my dad put on it says goes with 225E-3, the loco has no sticker. The stickers fall off so that means nothing.

I've never seen a 2245T tender. Maybe that's for export to areas where the trains ran on DC or on odd phase AC.

starfire700:
I thought the "T" tenders were either optional when purchased separately of for uncataloged sets where the department store customer wanted to keep the price down. I was particularly addressing the nickel journals on high trucks, which looks like 1938 to me. Does your 2245W have these trucks with nickel journals?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version