Discussion Boards > Layouts

Mike's layout

<< < (2/6) > >>

starfire700:
You can see this set on the tracks on the Jim's Layout thread

early0electric:
My Quaker is a 728 (Same size as a 700). The number is worn off both sides but QUAKER is quite legible. Rough, but right.

starfire700:
Thanks for sharing photos of your 728.

steamrocket:
Sorry for jumping in here late in the game, but Jim or Mike could you please tell us more about the Quaker locomotives? I've never heard of them before. Thanks!

early0electric:
From what I know, sometime during 1915 Lionel produced 2 different promotional O gauge outfits. One was similar to Outfit 70 (700, 600, 600) except the loco was stamped QUAKER in the oval and numbered 728. The other was similar to Outfit 72 (701, 602, 601, 601) except the loco was stamped QUAKER in the oval and numbered 732. Collectors have long argued who these were made for but no documentation has been found, at least as far as I know, as to who "QUAKER" was. At the time, there were numerous businesses that had QUAKER as part of their name. A boxed 728 QUAKER Outfit surfaced at YORK a number of years back and the outfit number was identified as 728. So based on this, I'm assuming the other is Outfit 732. The boxed 728 Outfit is shown in Greenberg's new guide to Lionel Trains, O Gauge vol 1. 1915 - 1928 on pages 58 & 59.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version