Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
General Discussion / Re: Recent Additions
« Last post by early0electric on August 03, 2023, 12:50:31 PM »
Just picked up a couple of great additions:

Original Lionel Racing Automobile Outfit Instruction Sheet. Never seen one before!

Lionel's 1st "short" loco Outfit 160 with dark green 150 and matching 600 Pullmans.
This dates to late 1917 - early 1918. The 1st Outfit 160's had the "long body" 150. Same size as the 700.

Found and bought off eBay. I contacted the seller and learned these were purchased from an estate sale.
Good Stuff is still out there!
« Last post by early0electric on July 27, 2023, 08:34:56 AM »
Thanks, Jim. I liked your article on the 87 Rheostat. I also liked the large pictures. So much easier to actually see what one is looking at.
« Last post by starfire700 on July 26, 2023, 12:27:15 PM »
Mike, Nice Olive garden article in the latest TCAQ.
« Last post by Terry on July 15, 2023, 08:36:09 PM »
The first recent additions post was on May 5th 2020. That's the black 33 with reversed letter shown with this new black 33.

I've bought at least six 33 locos in the 3 years since May 2020. Now I have thirty-three different variations.

I offered Mark Boyd an in depth article about them, but he says the TCA members aren't interested. I'm going to write a book about the 33 locos. I have all but 3 known variations - dark blue, 1910 round cab, and red no cream stripes. I know people with the blue and red locos, but not with the 1910 round cab. I'll start on the book next year.
« Last post by early0electric on July 15, 2023, 08:40:40 AM »
Terry,

The first post under "Recent Additions" was yours and also a Black reverse lettered 33! So you have 33, 33'S?

Mike
« Last post by Terry on July 13, 2023, 04:40:49 PM »
Here's a milestone - my 33rd 33 loco!  A black 33 with strap headlight, hand reverse and MFG plate on door.  I think black locos were sold with freight sets until about 1917/18 when the freight color changed to a shade of gray. This makes black locos with strap headlights difficult to find.

It doesn't look like much, but it's a factory error:

It has two light hoods, and one has been drilled out for a binding post. I have a dark loive 33 with two strap light hoods and NO binding post, and the very end of the line 33 locos come without a binding post, but with the hole.

The wiring is all original so the post was installed at the factory. I have other locos that may have come from the factory without binding posts, but were "repaired" by collectors over the years.

This is not as neat as a 1910 round cab or a dark blue 33 -the two locos I know I'm missing,  but still a fun buy. Much cheaper too!

I have one other black 33 with a strap headlight. It's got the lettering reversed on both sides and a corp plate on the end.

Terry
« Last post by early0electric on June 30, 2023, 10:03:08 AM »
Terry, I also had one with pebble back doors years ago. I loaned it to Lou Redman to study but for some reason, I never got it back. I like the painted couplers on yours, mine were unpainted. Only a select group can appreciate these subtle differences. Nice Find!
« Last post by Terry on June 29, 2023, 05:20:43 PM »
I got this early stock car today. It has the number and LL stamp on an end with regular wheels. Not dark green, but closer to the normal light green or pea green.

Oddly this has painted couplers, and the doors are painted on the pebble stock from the bridge bases.

Nothing really exciting, but still fun to get.
General Discussion / Re: Tony Hay
« Last post by Terry on June 28, 2023, 06:13:40 AM »
I bought trains from him in the 1970s. He was a nice guy and a dealer you never heard complaints about.
General Discussion / Tony Hay
« Last post by early0electric on June 23, 2023, 11:04:31 AM »
For those of you who may have not heard, Tony Hay has passed away. He was a long time friend and even longer time seller of trains. His monthly lists helped build train collections and had a finger on the pulse of prices. Sadly missed.

https://www.regerfuneralhome.com/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=28225007
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10