Discussion Boards > Collector Corner

Some Interesting Lionel Items

<< < (3/20) > >>

starfire700:
Pair of dark green 600 pullmans. One has NYC Lines over windows and no gold stripe below windows. The other has no NYC Lines over windows and does have the gold stripe, same as my olive 600
Also an interesting set I got #168, contains a light olive 154 and orange 602 baggage with 603 pullmans.
Close up of 154 and the end of the set box. Per set book, this should be 154, 601, 601, 602

starfire700:
Pictures of set No 168

early0electric:
Nice stuff. Looks a lot like mine so I won't post redundant trains. The Outfit 168 is interesting as it was cataloged in 1917 as the passenger outfit with figure 8 track and then again in 1920 as the 154 freight outfit with figure 8 track. Your box looks to be of the 1920 vintage.  My orange passenger set came in an Outfit 164 box with a dark green 154.

early0electric:
Here's some of my early boxes.

Terry:
Great stuff. Now I have some new items to look for.

About the 820 boxcar with brown roof. I am interested in the data stamp. The one Jim just posted has 4 lines with each line shorter than the one above it. Like an inverted pyramid.

I have that car. NONE of my other cars have that data stamp. The common 4 line stamp has the MCB line (3rd down) longer than the ones above and below it. Like the car below:

The car above has a number in an odd font. Sans Serif.

The data stamp was used on the 12 and 16 hopper cars in standard, and on the 820 boxcar in O. Does the inverted pyramid stamp come on the standard cars?

The dark green 600 come with and without the gold stripe, and with and without the lettering over the windows. I haven't seen a car without a stripe and without a NYC over the windows.

Here's a car for you to look for:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version