Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Double headed steamers with a pusher

<< < (3/3)

pjdog350:
Great video Jim as always. I love to see your videos. The camera car is so impressive cause I can see the thousands to trains you have all around on shelves. Plus the stuff on the layout. Can’t say enough about it!

Thanks for it.

starfire700:
Thanks for comments, good to know that efforts are appreciated. Being in a remote location, Western KY, this is the best way I can share my trains.
The camera car was an easy build. I removed the operating platform from a 3461 diecast log dump car, stabilized the trucks with washers, added a wood platform to the top. The camera mount, for my GoPro, was made by Ram, found it on Amazon. It has universal type adjustment for any angle. I added some weight and painted it black. I think I have a photo that I can post. I have to watch clearances on the right of way, as it tends to hit station roofs, overhead walkways etc.

starfire700:
attached are some photos of my camera cars
the 3461 with Ram mount and a 6561 depressed diecast car I use for some different angles

pjdog350:
Guess I was typing while you where posting you camera cars. Thanks for that!

If you have some pictures of the camera car I’d like to see them. This morning I got the 259E back together. I hate it when I have parts in the box and I think I’m done. It tells me I need to made a video of the part where I take it apart. ??

I was running the 675’s doubled and a turbine going the other way. I was thinking how I’d like to see the engines smoking from the rails and thinking of your camera car. I was trying to think what I have that I could make a car like that. 

I’m all caught up now that the 259 in running. I do have a 1675 coming. I hoping it does not get sent to Canada or Mexico before it gets here. USPS is still having problems. The 1675 has been restored (red) but I’ll redo it in dark red. The 259 & the dark red cars look nice to me. Of course a person that knows prewar well will know I’ve got the color wrong.

Watched your pullers & pushers several times last night. I got up @ 3.43 AM. After getting the wife together again I could not get back to sleep. So I did the IPAD with O Gauge train movies.

starfire700:
Good timing I guess.
Something about chuffing real trains always puts me to sleep. Toy train videos often do the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version