Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Double headed steamers with a pusher

<< < (2/3) > >>

pjdog350:
I’m starting a 675 X 2 with tenders and a 224 as a pusher. With 15 6456 2 bay hoppers and a 6457 caboose. Then a 224 & tender with some 6465 2 dome tank cars?

starfire700:
The video I am working on has 2 power units on 2 trains, steam and diesel. Each train has 1 loco on the point and a pusher in the rear followed by the cabooses. I will have views as the trains pass the camera and some chase scenes where the trains play tag, catch-up then slow down. I have about 25 min of video shot, need to cut it down to about 10.

pjdog350:
looking forward to seeing that. I got another 224 yesterday plus USPS delivered a pilot for the 224. I'll make a front coupler for the 224 so when it arrives I can do double heading with 224's and have a 224 to be a pusher behind a double headed 675's. I think the 675 & 224 have the save motor? so they should work well together? Maybe ?

starfire700:

The push-pull video is published on youtube.
I have 2 trains running, chasing, passing and pacing each other.
Both have just 2 locos, one front, one back.
Both trains have just 9 cars. I did not want to push my luck and have any derailments.

Terry:
I started the video and the dog runs in from the other room to bark at the trains.

Neat stuff Jim. The loco coupler looks great from above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version