Discussion Boards > Layouts

Terry's Standard Gauge Layout

<< < (17/18) > >>

Terry:
I was down in the basement today and I heard a loud snap. Like a .22 rifle. Now I'd heard these pops before, but never could localize them. I'd always be too far away to tell where the noise came from.

Today, I was about 6 feet away and it was real loud. Turns out it's the cast heads on the 440 signal bridges.

This is the one that went today:

Looks like it cracked too!

Terry:
I finally got enough blue bulbs for the ceiling cans. The blue gives the layout a twilight look.

Here's no lights but for the train layout:

Here's the same area with blue lights:

A few pictures of other areas with the blue lights:

These are Phillips Party LED bulbs from the Grocery Store. There are 5 on the ceiling in cans.

starfire700:
Interesting color lighting and about the "pop". We always called these chips pops, but I have never witnessed it happening. Surprised in your dry climate in controlled environment of your house, this would happen. Physics 101, have to ask Sheldon to explain it.

Terry:
Here's the Bilt Rite backdrops installed in the corner. I tried to get them scanned and then enlarged, but couldn't find a scanner that could do them. I used green sheets from Life-Like above the backdrop because blue looked too bright, and plain green carpet looked too dark. I think this looks OK

Here's some shots of the west end of the layout with the trains back on. I need to iron the felt roadway and put some more cars on.

if you look at the maroon walled 126 station above the blue comet loco, you can see what I did with the box from the backdrop. The figures don't stand on the carpet well so I cut the cardboard to make little platforms at some of the stations. I don't know if it's worth the effort to paint the cardboard.

Terry:
Here's a bunch of layout pictures. The standard gauge layout is running well. I have toi add another Z transformer for the lights, and repair a few of teh switches, but the disruptive work is done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version