Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Searching for trains on eBay

<< < (2/7) > >>

starfire700:
I believe that age and computer literacy are the reasons that those that I have tried to get interested in this board have not responded.
It is disappointing when items / comments are posted and there are no replies. It seems that only an influx of members can change that. 

early0electric:
I have used my desktop computer and my phone to both search and purchase items off eBay. Some items I find on my phone I put in my watch list to get a better look at on my desktop. Yeah, searches are screwy on eBay so you have to search for the same items different ways. They don't seem to have anyone with a collector mentality making decisions on how to search or what to include in searches. As far as posting to comments on this board, not everyone has the same interests or the same type of experiences as others so there is nothing to comment on. Not everyone is building layouts, mass selling on eBay, collects Standard Gauge and so on. I believe we all have our own niche and comment when we can.

Terry:
We had our first Russian member yesterday. His first post was something about sex with androids so you he's no longer a member, but we are seeing some traffic.

I posted about my searches and the next day, the browser updated and no longer supports that function.

early0electric:
Sometimes when searching on eBay you have to use unconventional or time consuming search titles. Occasionally they do lead to an item of interest. Also make sure you search "all categories" instead of the ones eBay provides.

Terry:
I'm not seeing anything interesting on eBay lately. I haven't added anything to my watch lists or set up a snipe for about 3 weeks. 

Some of what's happening with eBay is cool stuff comes from the train shows. People who know the trains, buy them and then list them on eBay. Also sometimes collectors upgrade and sell the duplicates on ebay. Without the shows, those sellers don't have anything to sell.

I run ads in local papers and then buy trains. Most of what I get is just common stuff, but sometimes I get good trains. People aren't comfortable with me coming to look at their trains because of the flu fears, so I've pulled my ads. I've bought two sets of trains since March. In a normal time, I'd be averaging 5-10 purchases a week. Other eBay sellers are having the same problem or worse.

That might be why there is so much garbage on eBay right now. I've been cleaning out my garage for the past few months. I spend the day Friday just bringing boxes in and listing some things on ebay and throwing the rest out.

I did see something in a LiveAuction earlier this week, and Bertoia looks to have a nice selection coming up in November. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version