Author Topic: We're burning up !!  (Read 23885 times)

romiin

We're burning up !!
« on: June 30, 2021, 08:38:56 AM »
   133 fahrenheit.  setting records all over British Columbia. A neighboring town hit over 121 fahrenheit hotter than Vegas. Is this the new norm?  They said only about 40% of the province has air conditioning,  not use to this heat.  In the middle of it some communities are flooding from such fast snow melt on the mountain tops.  Wild fires starting up everywhere.  It is too hot for the helicopters to run.

pjdog350

• View Profile
Re: We're burning up !!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 10:20:19 AM »
Sorry to hear that Loco. It’s hard for me to understand that. I’m in Florida and 90 is normal but 133 blows my mind! Hope you can stay safe and cool. Heat stoke really sucks. I’ve been there in 2005 now I hate the heat. Wish we had moved back to Indiana.
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

romiin

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 12:09:53 PM »
  Sorry typo 113 fahrenheit , but still hot as H#LL. Lytton BC was 121 fahrenheit all time record. . I've been hiding inside as much as possible.  Proves we don't just have snow up here.LOL

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »
It's like the end of the world! Unbelievable, so many unusual things happening, the virus, the heat, the rain, the wildfires, the wacko's. The best you can do is try and stay safe. Hope things get better for you...and the rest of us.

romiin

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »
  A pic out my front window, gett'in close.  thats not a cloud

romiin

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 08:00:30 AM »
  Ya. Wacko's are on the list of natural disasters.  That town Lytton that broke all the heat records, just burned up. People had 15 minutes to get out.   I hope they all did.  It's going to be a smokey summer.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 12:27:22 PM »
I moved to a suburban town for the basement, and to get away from the wackos. I did well.

Here in the desert we're currently at 91 degrees with light rains. That's at noon. I hope it stays cool over the weekend.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 12:34:53 PM »
I can deal with everything but the wacko's. They're the only thing that prevents me from enjoying retirement.

romiin

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 05:34:18 PM »
  You definitely have to keep your eyes peeled these day. Some of these poor homeless(drug attics) are about as unpredictable as they get. I guess the world is burning up in different ways. Get yourself a weapon, and mind your own business I say!

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »
California Gov. Newsom announced on Wednesday that all homeless people will get $3844 a month in housing assistance in addition to any other benefits they qualify for.

Arizona Governor Ducey just asked the state legislator to approve the purchase of one-way bus tickets to California.

You did know the movie Mad Max was set in 2020? We're a few years behind schedule.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2021, 03:29:46 PM »
Is there any precedent to kick a state out of the union? Seems to me that America would be allot better off without California? They are nothing but trouble.
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 01:32:31 PM »
I've been watching and participating in this thread.  I'm torn between allowing the members enough room to get to know each other and the point where it's too far away from the topic of toy trains.

With the dog posts people don't get upset.

With the weather people don't get upset.

With politics people get upset.

People screaming and throwing food might be a normal holiday dinner in my family, but I really want to avoid that here.

I don't know where the line is, but in this thread is close to the line.

Let's keep it about trains.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2021, 03:00:08 PM »
Terry, well said. My train room gets up to about 80 degrees at times. I have a window air conditioner that prevents it from getting near 90 which is about all I can expect. The temperature variant between winter and summer ranges from about 65 - 80 degrees with humidity no higher than 55% at any time. My only other alternative is to re-box all my trains and put them in the basement which is also humidity controlled. But then I have all these shelves in a room with nothing on them. I think I'll take take my chances with the few near 80 degree days I have in my train room. If I can't see them, I can't enjoy them. At 70, will I live long enough to notice any physical deterioration of my trains due to weather? I don't know, probably not. I'll just keep dusting them twice a year (April & October which coincides with YORK by some strange, or maybe not, chance).

romiin

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 04:40:23 PM »
  Sorry Terry.. Didn't intend to make it political.  I would be 0 offended if you want to delete the post. Loco