Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Recent Additions

(1/41) > >>

Terry:
This thread is a place to share recent additions to your collection. Tell us why you bought the train or how it fit into your collection.

You can upload pictures easily with the Attachments and other options tool right under the post box.

I'll go first. . .

Here's a Lionel 33 loco in with the LETTERING REVERSED on both sides. This loco also has a strap headlight.  Most black 33 locos have pedestal headlights like the one in the background of the second photo.

I have three of these  6th versions with reverse lettering.  Dark green with both sides, Dark grey with one side and this black with both reversed.  This version  dates from 1918 to 1922/23. (6th Version is Straight frame with 4 die cast wheels, With or Without Reverse, With binding post, With corp plate on end door, stamped stanchions, Strap headlight, Tab couplers.)

Terry

Terry:
I got this neat car. Just says Pensylvania R.R. with no number or data stamps. It's Maroon with black details and I think the lettering was gold, but has aged.

No Lionel name on the car, no 16 number either. I don't have this PRR stamp on any other car. My old Greenberg book lists this version so it's not unique. Just a little odd. 

early0electric:
With Oct YORK being cancelled along with local train meets there isn't really much opportunity for new recent additions. I'm sure everyone is scouring eBay for something to add to their collection. Other than that, the auction houses are the only source of something new.  Major dealers aren't posting much if anything on their websites. I check Willow River (Don Lewis) and Train Collectors Warehouse (Ed and Doug Prendeville) but don't see much if anything. Perhaps others on this site could post links to other dealers who have items for sale.

Terry:
I just looked at everything listed on eBay in the standard gauge category that ends in the next ten days. I do this every week looking for cars with interesting lettering, and anything else that catches my eye.

For the last three weeks I've seen nothing I wanted. I guess I'm going to have to start collecting Carslise and Finch trains if I want to be able to buy trains regularly.

Seriously, I think it will be like this for months, then we'll start to see trains for sale and maybe prices declining But the prices for what we want won't decline because there are still fewer trains than collectors.

early0electric:
I somewhat agree. There may be more dedicated collectors but like all collecting, collecting is not as popular as it once was. The circle of collectors has diminished and I think we all know we're only bidding against a chosen few. Granted the amount of trains is still the same or increased because of the passing of collectors but I don't think the number of collectors is being back-filled. With conditions as they are, disposable income isn't as available these days for most. Common stuff is plentiful. You can tell by the box lots at the auction houses and what's for sale on eBay. Rare stuff will always be sought but the competition isn't what it once was so prices will be down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version