Discussion Boards > General Discussion

need another way to couple a Lionel prewar 226E

(1/2) > >>

pjdog350:
Does anyone have a coupler that will mate a prewar box coupler with a postwar knuckle coupler?

I want to pull postwar freight cars with my new 226E which has a very high box coupler?

starfire700:
There is an adapter made that fits over the spike on the prewar coupler and the other end will couple to a knuckle. It has been a while since I have seen one. Can you just mount a prewar truck in one end of one of your postwar cars?

Terry:
You need a Lionel Coupler Adapter TS-162 or TS-100. Looks like the -162 is for high couplers like used on the 2226W tender. If your tender says 2226WX you need the lower -100.

Here's photos:

TS-100

TS-162

Here's eBay listings for them:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380680.m570.l1313&_nkw=lionel+coupler+adapter&_sacat=0

pjdog350:
Thanks for the information. I thought someone would have already address this. I got both adapters from TrainZ. Looking forward to the 226E pulling the two bay hoppers on the S&B RR soon. The 226e is so beautiful. Thanks again Jim.

This will give me time to collect the correct prewar cars for the 226E. You have allot of them JIm. The price look good too.

starfire700:
I see that Terry has beat me to the punch on this problem too. Never mind my post on the other thread, sounds like you have the problem solved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version