Discussion Boards > Collector Corner

Lionel 33 Loco Body Types

<< < (2/3) > >>

early0electric:
Terry - I have 2 early outfits with boxes. One has the stamp near the 42. The other box does not.  I have a picture or two of other boxes with the sticker in the same area, one being Standard gauge. I also have a pic of the stamp inside the cab of a 5 or 6. I don't remember which. I'd post pics but apparently mine are too big.

starfire700:
It sounds like I am not the only one having trouble with sizing photos so they will upload to the site.
Terry, can you provide any guidance? I have a photo sizing program, but it is hit-miss and time-consuming getting a photo to a compatible size.
I also have a 33 with the paper Lionel MFG label inside.
I have a 114 boxcar that has both the Lionel Mfg Co NY emboss and the Lionel Corporation data stamp on the underside. I will try to get these photos posted.

starfire700:
Here are photos of my black U-frame 33 with MFG sticker inside. It does not have Lionel MFG NY USA stamped on end.

Terry:
I found a 33 with the strap headlight hood on both ends. I bought it from the original owner's grandaughter on eBay so I'm reasonably sure the motor hasn't been swapped and the two cars I got are correct. I also got a 121 station with 4 high windows.

Here's the loco:

Better view of bell end:

This is just a common late teens early 1920s loco. I don't know if it's a factory error, or a late production when they just didn't care. We need to find more of these.

The cars might be a better clue. They have three hole steps, no air tanks, the small lionel lines and number stamps on ends by doors. Couplers are last hook style with tabs.

I have the same cars with crinkle couplers and black detail around the end doors:

I haven't unpacked all the 35/36 type cars I have yet.

Terry:
Here's a 33 with the strap headlight hood on both ends listed on eBay. Same shell as the one I bought, but with a super motor and combo latch couplers. I think the roof has been touched up, and some of the screws are obviously wrong. I won't be bidding on this so have at it if you want it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Standard-Gauge-LIONEL-NEW-YORK-CENTRAL-LINES-33-ENGINE-LOCOMOTIVE/203099215041?hash=item2f49a814c1:g:YuQAAOSwB7lfVNA5

I found the last one in May, that's just over 3 months to find a second one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version