Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Introductions

<< < (6/6)

starfire700:
Welcome Newbie, always good to hear from someone new. You will find a wealth of information here, just go exploring. Your comments, stories and photos are always welcome.

pjdog350:
Welcome CALNNC:

Glad, to see another new member. Terry & Jim are full of toy train knowledge. They have always helped me.

I love your introduction story. That’s one of the best things about toy trains from the old days. It’s how we came by them and how we spent  our time playing or fixing them.

Jack

T-man:
Hello All!
 I just got approved and have not even looked around yet. I will give my Lionel story.
You see, I was too young to get it so my oldest brother received a Super O set with the Mopac AA units 205. i was old enough to see it set up on the ping pong table and did get a few lessons on the throttles. I was an early preteen when the set was given away to in laws and I was into slot cars at the time.
 Big brother was in the navy and finding out what happened did voice his disagreement.  Years after the fact it was returned not sure when, but it was about the time when the Wilmington Train Show was young. He was in college then. I do remember and being amazed at all the trains.  The most impressive site was the Prewar of course.

My story begins in college where I met my wife and she introduced me to antique shops. One of my first purchases was three tin cars, The Babe Ruth car, the red caboose and I think the third car was a metal tender. That started my collection.

CNJRR:
Welcome, the site is slow right now.
Post away.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version