Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Introductions

<< < (2/6) > >>

early0electric:
Check out "In the Beginning" under Collector Corner for more info.

Mike

starfire700:
Right, that is the best place for history.

pjdog350:
Hello everyone. I'm pjdog350 (jack). I've been running Lionel trains sense 1948. My father gave me my first Lionel  train December 25 1948. It was a 224. It took 4 or 5 days before I got to play with it my train finally when my mother told my father to give the kid a chance. A couple years later I got a 2026 that smoked. I still have them and they still work great. My father bought my uncle Dick a Lionel Jr streamliner in 1937 (red & Chrome). My uncle gave it to me in the late 1940's. Somehow the Jr got lost in one of my many moves. So I bought one from Train99 the other day a got a notice that this forum was here and ask that I join.

I have lots of O gauge trains mostly post war but I do have some modern Lionel & MTH. I have a small layout in my garage. Most mornings you will find me out in the garage working on or running my Trains. I should say that I'm a toy person. I've had Radio control almost everything. Even submarines.  But my real thing are the Lionel Trains.

I love to find a beat up something and restore it as best I can. Currently I restoring two Lionel Jr streamliners.

Jack

Terry:
Welcome aboard!

The 1700 you bought from me is a rarer one with the aluminum nose. I got my first one at the 1977 TCA convention for $35. At one time I had all of them. I remember the rush of buying the yellow and brown one. It was beat badly, but so rare I'd never seen one. Those are fun little trains.

CNJRR:
 Hello all.
Came across the site while searching Prewar.
I guess the forum is fairly new?
Reading some posts I see no dates to go with them. Why is that?
I have G scale for under the tree, a bunch of O scale in my basement. (on a small layout).
A bunch of HO, all packed away for many years now.
And a bunch of N scale I got in a deal, along with a small N scale layout.
Oh, I have one S scale locomotive too.  :)
I did have another but gave it to a friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version