Author Topic: Recent Additions  (Read 160485 times)

early0electric

• View Profile
Re: Recent Additions
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2021, 01:09:11 PM »
Terry, I find Maroon such a great color for ANY piece of equipment. Nice stuff. Also like the red.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2021, 02:25:13 PM »
Terry, How do you get such big pictures to load?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2021, 10:56:08 PM »
The maroon is neat, but the maroon 38 is somewhat easy to find and cataloged so it gets ignored.

The red 33 is really cool because the loco was discontinued in 1923 and red was first used for locos in 1929. I made space for both of them in the middle of the wall.

You can do any size pictures as long as the FILE size for each is below 180KB. Windows 10 service pack has tools for converting image sizes.

See this post:

https://www.train99.com/forum/index.php?topic=26.msg106#msg106

There was a viewer on the board that allowed us to post big picturss and then see them easier, but that doesn't work with the newly updated board. The board updated itself. That's why we have dates agian.

Harold

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2021, 04:00:59 PM »
Finally finished painting the hopper.  It is a 17/64" car that I got on E bay.  Its a cast car that I three railed and added a few things to.  When this car is lettered and given a much needed coat of dull coat, I will start that tank car that will be a King Syrup car.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2021, 04:09:53 AM »
What road name are you lettering it for?
Do you have a high-rail layout?

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2021, 04:42:27 AM »
Car looks great. Will be looking forward to seeing the lettering.

As starfire said if you have a layout I’d love to see it. Maybe even a video?
The Post said your a newbie. welcome Harold!
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

Harold

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2021, 04:19:20 PM »
The hopper will be lettered for the fictitious Dorsey Coal and Coke.  Lettering is a ways off.  Have not ordered the transfers yet and will be doing the letter by letter thing.

Have not had a real layout in many years but am working on getting a two story garage built.  Have an old house and can run trains from room to room to the delight of the cats.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2021, 05:06:39 AM »
My layout in our previous house was called "The Hole in the Wall RR" because my basement was divided into 3 rooms. The trains went room to room through tunnel portals in the walls. I am attaching a link of all of my videos, about 75 at this point. If you look at the list, scroll-down to the very earliest, about 6 years ago. My first video is a loco pushing a camera car on the O gauge main line and shows it going from room to room.
Most of the other videos are of my Lake Shore Railway layout which is about 2 years old in our current house. There is plenty of action, some on camera car. Development of this layout is also shown here on the Forum under LAYOUTS..... Jim's Layout.

Welcome and hope you enjoy what you see. There is a wealth of info here in the Forum, all you have to do is search for it.
If you have questions, other members will be glad to help.

Jim

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2021, 04:48:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUfhIqTj6nbDLmY3rXzvn7g/videos

Link to videos of Hole in the Wall and Lake Shore Railway layouts

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2022, 01:11:10 PM »
I recently picked up a 1925 Lionel Trade Price Sheet tri-fold. Lots of good stuff!

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2022, 10:06:25 PM »
I noticed this thread has been forgotten.

I just got this Lionel # 1 blue trolley:

It ran on the layout about 30 feet then derailed going thru a switch.

I think from about 1912/13 with the same body as the earlier open #2, but in the blue color of the 1 and without the hand reverse. The light was added. Here's the same body as a # 2 from about 1908:

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2022, 04:19:33 AM »
Nice to see trollies with original paint, amazing that they exist at 110+ years old.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2022, 04:29:29 PM »
Jim... What do you know about this? I have about 50 sheets of original Marx parts Lists.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2022, 05:21:50 PM »
When we licensed and produced Marx Trains, we visited the Marx Toy Co in Miami several times. We saw racks of tooling and drawers full of original plans and parts lists/correspondence for both toys and Trains. We noticed that there were no train tools. They were supposed to have been sold to Plastimarx of Mexico, by Quaker Oats, but the deal was never completed. A lawsuit resulted, Plastimarx sued Quaker, Quaker alleged that the tooling was worthless anyway. It became a confusing mess, out of which MDK acquired (?) a lot of the train tooling that was alleged to be missing, about the time we were starting our production. MDK got a lot of mileage out of this tooling, but is out of business now.
Bottom line, during the suit, which I testified as expert witness on behalf of Plastimarx that the tooling had real value, depositions resulted in many copies of parts lists being made. Lawyers, other expert witnesses, companies involved etc all were circulating these parts lists as exhibits. I personally had 2 bankers boxes full that I eventually trashed.
Not sure if this answered your question, but it is what I know about Marx parts lists. There could still be volumes out there. 

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2022, 12:40:38 PM »
Jim, Thanks! That tells me all I need to know. What an ordeal!