Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Your Favorite Postwar Lionel Loco?

(1/2) > >>

Terry:
We have people that come in and look at the forum but then leave. Maybe this will interest you. . .

I don't collect postwar, but have some. I have my dad's GG1 and 622 switcher sets, and a NP geep set like the one I had a kid. Those are sentimental trains.

My favorite is this 2331 black and gold Virginian. I don't know why. I was in the original owner's garage with the loco in my hand and I decided to keep it.

What's your favorite postwar loco?

starfire700:
I agree that the black/gold Virginian FM is a beauty to behold......but it is so hard to choose a favorite.
Here are a few of my favorites.

starfire700:
I also collect the earliest or most unusual variation of postwar items.
The key to my interest in the SF and NYC 2333 F-units and the 622 is in the size and placement of the GM decal.

starfire700:
The 671 and 2020 PRR Turbines have the early horizontal "Atomic" motor and smoke bulb. Also the 2020 has a printed keystone. not the usual decal.
The Irvington and Manhattan cars, though not locos are worthy of interest as they have brown paper type window strips.

Terry:
My dad's 622 has that GM decal placement. We never noticed, it was just the loco from his childhood.

The F3s are neat.

I have a NYC aba. 2354 A units and a 2344 B unit.

I like the turbines. I have a 682, but have been considering converting a smoke bulb unit to the regular heater for runnning purposes. I'd do the RS keystone like you showed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version