Discussion Boards > Layouts

POST YOUR BRIDGES on Layouts

<< < (3/4) > >>

starfire700:
Nice work on the wood trestle with birds. Did you make it, a kit, or purchased pre-built?

CNJRR:

--- Quote from: starfire700 on January 31, 2021, 05:02:08 AM ---Nice work on the wood trestle with birds. Did you make it, a kit, or purchased pre-built?

--- End quote ---

A guy I knew made these among other structures and bridges, just the wooden part. He made N/HO/S and O bridges. Some G scale if someone asked.
The rest I made up, still not done yet.
The speckled pigeons (Columba guinea's) or funny looking seagulls, take your pick, I painted up.  :) Hard finding O scale birds.
As with my people they fly to other parts on the layout occasionally.
The pilings I made up out of scrap wood.
The reeds I grabbed local in the wetlands. I brought them home and dried them then hit them with hair spray. The green ones with the punks I bought.
The blue I have to tone down, and the trestle just sits on the water for now. Nothing secure right now.
The bulkhead rocks I made out of old mushroom containers which are a foam like material, I carved in the blocks.
Still need to add more things and finish up.
I took a few quick pictures of the birds.

starfire700:
A nice scale look including the birds.

CNJRR:
 Thanks but I suck at taking pictures.  :)

starfire700:
Don't underestimate yourself. You have good lighting and I can see all the details, unless there was some bird doodoo that I missed seeing. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version