Author Topic: Not much going on!  (Read 8559 times)

pjdog350

• View Profile
Not much going on!
« on: July 26, 2021, 07:59:30 AM »
Not a whole lot of action here lately?
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
Re: Not much going on!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 04:07:01 AM »
It would be more interesting if more of the 69 members would post their thoughts and photos, reply to posts, get involved. It is easy to do. Certainly there are more opinions and information out there. Don't be intimidated to post your opinions on existing posts, show us your collection or layout, or just one favorite item.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 02:15:28 PM »
Yep, been preaching this since the get-go.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 03:39:24 PM »
My thoughts are the forum are it’s a prewar forum. Nothing after 1970 if I remember correctly.

I’ve been making Sherman tanks and putting them on flat cars.  Lionel wants $ 130.00 for one and they lack class. They look cheap to me. MTH had them for $ 100.00 I think there’s looked pretty good but hard to find. The model tanks I buy are Tamiya $ 25.00 to $ 30.00 plus a flat car. Most flats I get are under $ 10.00. Some are only $2.00. I assemble the tanks, paint them as well a paint the flat cars. All this is after 1970. So it really does not have a place here? My army train has come out great. Still adding to it. I have 11 Sherman tanks, 6 Jeep’s, 1 half track. 4 ambulances (Menard’s) are in the mail. It’s been allot of fun. But does not fit the purpose of the forum?

So I’ll clam up!

If I very get another pre 1970 I’ll post it.

Did get two more Marx 2 light tower’s. I good shape and work! Can’t have to many lights?
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 03:57:24 PM »
My attitude is if you can capture my attention, you can have it as long as you can keep it.

Some people find that harsh, but it's my time. I get to choose what I do with it.

Post about your trains and if people are interested they'll respond.