Author Topic: PREWAR TUNNELS  (Read 23915 times)

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
Re: PREWAR TUNNELS
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2021, 03:04:22 PM »
The image resizer program was a free app found in the microsoft store.
It is easy to use, once you get used to it.
Once the program is downloaded, click to open it, click open in top left find the picture in your file, double-click to import the photo into image resize.
There is a sliding scale at the top that displays the percentage as the photo shrinks. When you first import it it will be so big that you will only see a small portion of the photo.
You will have to experiment to see what % takes you to less than 180 KB. Phones are different and so is each photo, more complex means more pixels.
I usually have to take a photo to between 8 and 10% of original size.
When you save the resized photo, add something like resize or small to the title, so you can find the right photo to modify.
I also have had bad luck resizing photos that are already resized. I always go back to the original, if I have not resized it properly the first time.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »
I had this tunnel in my meet bins. Couldn't get $2 for it. Saturday while I was unpacking the van from the show it escaped. I caught up with it today.

I think it's an early Life-Like. It's pressed cardboard or pulp.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2021, 04:52:56 AM »
It does look like Life-Like.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 07:35:22 PM »
Here's a Lionel 118 O gauge tunnel I have. Small, but very nice. I put an old postcard of a tube train in it and I think it looks pretty cool.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2021, 04:36:21 AM »
Now that is one of the coolest pictures that I have seen in a long time. Great idea to merge your 118 with a postcard! A great vintage illusion.