Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Next Lionel tintype project

<< < (2/5) > >>

starfire700:
The 1673, 1674, 1675 Jr streamline cars usually came in sets with a wind-up 1588 / 1588T black torpedo loco and tender or electric 1688E / 1689T. Here are photos of the electric set.

starfire700:
There is also a rare uncataloged set, that TCA Standard of the World says is #6244 made 1937.
This set has a black 1689E Commodore Vanderbilt with 1588W ( 4-wheel whistle tender) and the cars are Hiawatha orange and gray.
I have the wrong tender and an extra car with my set.

pjdog350:
I like that in those colors. Real nice. You have a super collection.

I’m having a hard time getting my new 259E running. I even tried to wire it without the e-unit but no luck. Trying to get it going without an e-unit should be very easy but the train gods are not with me right now. This 259 has been in a flood. The further I go taking it apart the more hard brown stuff I find. If I wire wheel with the drumel tool it’s powder. Decided to take a break from trains for a while.

Terry:
Jim - The orange cars are wonderful. I've never seen a set. I saw a single car once. I like the way it's just on a shelf like the other trains.

starfire700:
The Jr Hiawatha set is a real prize, especially since I like Hiawatha's so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version