Author Topic: The ebay rant.  (Read 50417 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
The ebay rant.
« on: March 14, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »
Use this thread to rant about ebay issues.

I'll start:

Suspicious buyer for item

Hello Terry,

We had to cancel bids for the buyer, fehend-99, because they aren't registered on eBay:

We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay.

That's a message  I just got this morning on a $475 sale from 4 days ago.  Looks like the guy created the account just to harrase me. I had a Yahoo doing this last year for three months.

There's no way to block zero feedback accounts.

early0electric

• View Profile
Re: The ebay rant.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 03:22:21 PM »
I don't like the fact that when an auction of mine is renewed it automatically provides "BEST OFFER". That is MY choice, not eBay's. I used to be able to cancel automatic relist but it doesn't seem possible now. So I have to check the relist when the auction ends and revise the auction to remove the "BEST OFFER".  Really sucks!

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 04:33:29 PM »
The relist checkbox does suck. It rechecks itself when you uncheck it. That's for when you cancel a sale.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »
On March 12 I bought left & right eccentric crank assemblies from 7208Harry for the 224. Got a label notice and shipping notice the next day. Tracking shows that the post office has NOT received the package yet. That’s 6 days with no package to ship. I’ve ask the seller twice what’s up. He said he shipped the day he received the order? Post office said they have nothing but a label to ship?

I think 7208harry sold something he does not have. He’s ordered it but can’t ship it until he receives it.
EBay has gone to hell!  Not like the old days when someone’s name meant something!
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 12:57:50 PM »
I hate when that happens.

I have bags of 224 valve rods.

Maybe we should start a simple parts request thread in the classifieds? I'll do that now. That way we can ask for what we need and maybe get it from each other.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 04:06:55 PM »
That’s a hell or a good idea. I’d rather get things from forum members anyway!

At first 7208Harry was answering my questions but now he is real quite?

As luck would have it S & W parts came today and to my surprise everything was in there E-Unit fingers & drums, eccentric crank assembly, and a New (probably Repo) 224E rear truck assembly. I ordered all these a month ago but Bill lost the request. Bill is a super good guy and his prices are very good. An e-unit for 30 bucks (New)? I rest my case!!!

I thought S&W was done so I ordered everything again after talking to bill just in case cause I want the 224 done. By the way the two 224’s run very well. Smooth. They run like a new 229!

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 08:06:48 AM »
7208Harry just put my side rods in the mail, Tracking now shows them in Philly today. I ordered them on the 12th. Took nine days for him to put them in the mail. This guy is giving ebay a bad name. He sells something then orders it from someone else. He gets the shipping label so it looks like he sending it to you but when USPS says they are waiting for it you know you have been had.

I bought them from another vendor and had them three days later. They are already on my 224. Don’t buy from 7208harry.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 09:14:21 PM »
I wrote a while back:

Did you notice the shipping companies raised their rates for the Christmas rush, then lowered them, then USPS raised them again.

Medium flat rate boxes:

In November: $12.80
In December: $13.20
In January $12.80
Today: $13.34

Now 2 months later it's $13.75.

Ebay also just killed off the My eBay sold and selling pages to favor the seller hub. Now there is NO WAY for me to look up if a second place bidder has won another auction. They show the eBay nickname on the second chance page and the buyer's real name on all the sold pages. If it's not a regular buyer, I can't tell.

So I can't do second chance offers to unknown buyers anymore. Geniuses.

Also, Ebay no longer refunds final value fees on partial refunds.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 09:55:51 AM »
I bought 224E-13 & 13 on 3/12/2021. They just arrived today. The 25th. That’s 13 days. USPS showed that the seller (Henningstrains) listed something they didn’t have. Bought a shipping label on the 12th but tracking never showed that USPS had the package? USPS was waiting fore the package to arrive at there site. Hennings trains ordered them from someone else then mailed them to me? That’s OK if they let you know that’s how they do business. I think it sucks to have a customer waiting for 13days to get restoration parts.

I’ll not buy from them again.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 12:47:33 PM »
At least you got the parts. Life is full of disappointments. I just got gigged for an extra $12 for an international sale even though I went through their shipping calculator. It's not going to make or break me, just annoying. With so much going on these days I try to save my stress for things that REALLY matter.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 02:07:17 PM »
You have an excellent point early. Worry bout what matters!

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 04:42:06 AM »
One of Ebay's "improvements" that is currently in the process is to increase the number of characters that a buyer can leave in a feedback from 80 to 500! Now they can leave you a text-book rant. Is this really something that is necessary????? Aren't there more important issues that Ebay could improve on. They never cease to amaze.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »
I saw that Jim. I read the notice twice because it seems to say that the 500 characters is for replies to feedback. It's because sellers bitch about buyers.

It's a small number of people who leave negatives. My negative feedback is usually from buyers who leave lots of negs. One guy left negative feedback 80% of the time. 30-50% negatives left is normal range for these yahoos. It would be easier to just throw them off eBay. 

ebay changed the my ebay pages on Tuesday. The sold page is gone. I was told on Friday that sellers are bitching about that.

I was on the phone with ebay support on friday because they removed the "Mark as local pickup" option from the my eBay pages. I have 3 buyers who are building layouts and buying lots of items from me. I lost the top rated seller discounts because there is no tracking uploaded.

The woman on the phone said she would get all the dings removed for two of the buyers. That would restore my discount.

Nope only removed one, and then patted themselves on the back for solving my problem.

When I responded to the message saying they had only removed one defect, a different eBay woman wrote me with a cut and paste message about why it is important to upload tracking information.

A description of the difference between an elephant and a kangaroo would have been as helpful.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 05:40:30 PM »
The way we read it, sounds like it applies to both sides.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 08:07:26 PM »
(%*&%T ebay %$&(%*&^

I had 52 auctions end 90 minutes ago, but only see 34. I got a half dozen messages from buyers of the missing 18 items saying they can't pay. At least one of the missing 18 items was purchased by a buyer with multiple wins, and cannot be found to send a combined invoice.

I had emails from other sellers in the past month about this same problem.

The dog and I had a nice walk though.