Author Topic: Triple headed Lionel postwar O Gauge  (Read 23781 times)

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
Re: Triple headed Lionel postwar O Gauge
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 03:53:17 PM »
Very impressive. That is a real accomplishment!
I also have had trouble getting matching smoke output from multiple locos.
It looked like by the middle of the video they were all smoking well, by the end the last loco had a bit less output.
Watching videos of real double headers, all locos do not always have identical smoke output, probably because they are individually controlled.
A great effort.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 04:59:05 PM »
I made three videos. First video the lead loco was not putting out smoke at all. It was a stuck piston. On the test stand it was doing well. The second and third loco where smoking real well. After releasing the stuck piston in the lead loco did well. The second was doing well and third was doing well. Then I realized I didn’t have the spot light on. Did the third video then the last loco was running out of fluid, the second was still doing real well but the lead loco needed a like time to warm up?

Maybe I’ll do another with the 675’s doubled the 2026 tripled and not start the video until they where all working well.

I’ll try to get a editor that works tomorrow!

trying to get the three loco's together smoking. Nit working out like I thought it would??
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 05:20:02 AM »
We become our own worst critics. I find that there is always a malfunction, a figure that fell over, some lights that I forgot to turn on, a tripod other piece of equipment or sometimes even my dumb face that spoil the video. It is an issue to me, but I have asked others, including my wife, and they don't even notice it.
I always say, it wouldn't be one of my videos if I didn't make at least 1 mistake.
Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job. We are pushing our trains beyond their limits and recording it for others to enjoy.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2021, 09:26:01 AM »
This morning I ran the 675’s double headed and the 2026’s triple headed. The all smoked perfect. I guess since I didn’t have the camera on they where in top form. The 675’s are now pulling 20 6456 Two bay hoppers and a 6457 caboose. After 30 minutes the first and second hopper derailed. I think with 031 curves there just to much drag on the consist. If I oil them all again they are good for a couple days.

Think I’ll cut it back to 15 6456 cars. That always seems to work. Also maybe adding a third mainline using the o54 curves. Elevated so I can use my current table.

Always doing something. Looking to repaint the gray 1700 5 car set yellow & brown!
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 12:23:50 PM »
The trains are wonderful. It's our minds that are a little dated. I tend to concentrate on the problems rather than the 99.999% that is working correctly.

Maybe that's part of being a collector and learning to value condition? Maybe it's that the 0.001% problems cause everything else to stop?

I ran the double header on the O gauge this morning for a guest with a long string of cars and it worked well. Last night it wouldn't stay coupled.

I am watching people as they look at the trains.