Author Topic: Pea Green 38, Peacock 150 Lionel Locos  (Read 10801 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Pea Green 38, Peacock 150 Lionel Locos
« on: May 10, 2020, 09:08:43 PM »
I have these two locos that are duplicates. Actually, the 38 I'm keeping has a brass strap headlight, while this one has a nickel.

Both are original paint with no touch ups. The 38 pilots and couplers are painted red over chips in the paint, this was done a LONG time ago. The 38's bell is held on with a screw and nut rather than the correct screw, but looks correct and old from the outside.

The 150 loco has the wrong screws holding the body onto the frame in the picture. I replaced them with correct filister head screws. One corner soldier seam has failed. This is front left corner when headlight is to left in pictures.

The 150 has a short. The 38 has no short, but does nothing.

Trades only. I want early Lionel items - before 1925. Something equally rare and exciting. What you got?

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
Re: Pea Green 38, Peacock 150 Lionel Locos
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 05:43:53 AM »
I have a nice peacock 150, but would like to have the P green 38. The only thing I have to trade in this era is a thin-rim No5 loco that is apart  for restoration and has no motor. Not sure if this comes anywhere near the value that you are thinking. I also have 18, 19, 190 MFG cars about to list on ebay. They have some red window plastic and MFG emboss underside, but 3-hole steps, so not earliest.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Re: Pea Green 38, Peacock 150 Lionel Locos
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 01:52:25 PM »
I don't want repaints so the 5 is out.

I have two sets of 19/190 cars with red inserts. No pullman in either set.  Both have 3-hole steps and long platforms. The variation is block or scroll lettering on sides. I don't want to trade, but if you use the number 42 in the description I'll will see them when you post them on eBay.