Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Recent Additions

<< < (2/41) > >>

early0electric:
Recent additions are few and far in between these days. I'd like to add something but the stuff I collect is just not out there. Not everything I'm looking for should command big bucks, it's just not available. I'm not dead yet so there still is time. Turning 70 soon so... I keep looking.

Terry:
I bought this a few weeks ago:

Neat cars. Loco does not go with those cars and is common. I probably paid too much, but that coach is hard to find, and I need cars to go with the locos I already have.

I bought that from Stout. That's his photo from the listing. I sent a check to save 3% on buyer's fees. They won't pack until it's paid so once the check clears they'll pack it and send me a second invoice for the postage. Sounds weird, but I get Yahoos every week who buy from me on eBay and don't pay.  Sometime this week I'll pay the shipping and it will go into the mail.

I also bought this neat train on eBay in a buy it now a while back. 

Then a few weeks later I found the matching cars for it in another auction:

You can't see them well in that picture, but they are the early cars with red primer, perforated steps and the platform like the 36 in the picture above. They are in poor shape, but for only $250 for the set I couldn't pass them up.

starfire700:
Nice early stuff. I did not realize you had that much early standard.

Terry:
I'm thin on the trains from before 1913 other than the 33 and 38 locos. Marty Visnick has been telling me for years to stop buying variations of the common locos and instead buy one or two nice things a year. This year I've been following his advice.

early0electric:
We get too soon old and too late smart...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version