Author Topic: Auction houses not placing phone bids.  (Read 8150 times)

Brian Miller

• View Profile
Auction houses not placing phone bids.
« on: February 23, 2022, 09:21:06 AM »
Has anyone else had issues with major auction houses not placing your phone bids that were called in?  I have had two different houses, two weeks in a row, do this to me.  Not only have I lost out on some great stuff,  but the sellers are being cheated by not potentially getting top dollar for their items.   On at least one item, my bid was double what it went for.  On most I was bidding 30% or more higher than the final price.  Any feedback is welcome.  I want to know if there is any recourse with the auction houses. They basically said we made mistakes, so sorry, too bad.  My take is that even a verbal bid is a contract.  I can guarantee that if the bid was placed and I didn't pay, (up holding my end of the contract) There would be consequences.

early0electric

• View Profile
Re: Auction houses not placing phone bids.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 02:47:31 PM »
I have had auction houses not acknowledge my bids even though registered and would have been high bidder. I also have had auction houses sell to floor bidders even though my high bid was placed well in advance. It seems to be a crap shoot with any of them. I have not done any phone bids.

Mike