Author Topic: Site Dead?  (Read 6909 times)

CNJRR

• "The Biggest Little Railroad"
    • View Profile
Site Dead?
« on: February 19, 2024, 12:17:17 PM »
I sent a friend here to join up as he is into Prewar trains and told him to check the site out.
He messaged me this reply,
"The site is dead. The last update was in 2021 and the discussion board was ended and unplugged."

Dead?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Re: Site Dead?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 03:18:20 PM »
Not dead just slow. There are many posts after 2021 so maybe your freind is confused?

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 09:55:04 PM »
I check at least 2-3 times a day. Not much to report on. Nothing new in my collection. Nothing being sold in early period Lionel O Gauge at any of the auction houses or on eBay worth talking about.

CNJRR

• "The Biggest Little Railroad"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 12:39:25 PM »
Yeah, I told him it was slow.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 07:23:19 PM »
The big issue is the phones. . . People are used to using Facebook or twitter and don't want to learn how to post images.

The forum allows everything to be here. If you used the old TCA group on Yahoo, there was a lot of information shared there, but it was hard to find after the fact and is now gone.

There are at least two zoom groups that meet regularly about trains - one is the TCA national and so poorly promoted that only a few national board members attend, and the other is Joe Algozini's Toy Train Hall of Fame.

Here's a page on Joe's site of cool items:

https://toytrainhalloffame.com/joes-blog/f/collectors-their-collections

Mostly postwar, but the lamp on the bottom of the page is certainly neat. Compare that page  to the Interesting items thread here at train99:

https://www.train99.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0

Joe's site has been up longer than this forum, and he has more active members - the last time I sat in on a zoom meet there were at least 35 people- but not asa much depth.