Discussion Boards > Layouts

Mike's layout

(1/6) > >>

early0electric:
Nothing fancy, nothing special. I'd like to have bigger but this works for me. I change it out for Christmas. My Grand Daughter used to be here pre-Covid 19 and help me set it up. Hopefully that will happen again.

starfire700:
Large layouts are both time-consuming and space-consuming. I never had the time or space, until we moved south from the Chicago area.
The important thing is to be able to make trains do what they were made to do.....run, and to enjoy it. 

early0electric:
Yeah, you're right. I run everything from my 703's and Armored Loco's down to my 150's. Even my Quaker takes a few laps. Thanks.

Terry:
That's a nice layout.

starfire700:
Not many collectors can say that they have run a Quaker! The only other who I knew had one was Dave Ely. Dave was local to me at the time (Chicago area), so his was the only Quaker loco I have seen, don't remember if he had a 728 or 732. Could you post pictures of yours?
I have collected scale-series trains since the 1970's, but never had a T-rail layout until recently. Last night was the first time that I ever placed a 700E, tender and the 4 cars on the track and ran set # 707W. I chose a 700K to pull the set, was surprised that it ran, did 2 loops then the pilot grounded-out, tripped the E-unit and I ended the experiment. It was still satisfying to accomplish this, and can't understand why it took me so long to do so.
A close friend, John Potter, who recently passed away, told me that he ran everything he had. I am trying to live-up to that idea, as that is what these trains we collect were made for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version