Author Topic: Train Tragedies or Repainted Wrecks  (Read 10229 times)

early0electric

• View Profile
Train Tragedies or Repainted Wrecks
« on: August 26, 2020, 09:04:54 AM »
I'm sure everyone has a few pieces in their collection they would like to upgrade for one reason or another. Here's a rare 800 boxcar in dark green that was over-painted silver. As you can tell, I'm not too adept at removing over-paint. I tried brake fluid, alcohol, thinner, acetone, and what else I can't remember. Nonetheless, I have a dark green 800, not the best but it'll do until I can find a better one, if at all.

early0electric

• View Profile
Re: Train Tragedies or Repainted Wrecks
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 09:34:55 AM »
Here's another jewel in my collection. This is a 156X over-painted dark green. I took it so far and then quit before I really got into trouble. But as you can see, It's peacock underneath.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 04:16:42 PM »
Here's a loco that I have a hard time explaining.

Today it looks more mohave, but in my inventory I call it light olive.  Depending on the light it looks anywhere from Light Olive to Mohave. Whatever color it is, it was repainted dark green, and then stripped to reveal the first coat. You can see the remains of the dark green.

It's lost much paint, and there are areas where the overpaint was not removed. Whatever it is, I find it fascinating.

Here's some more pictures:

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 04:44:56 AM »
My eyes see no doubt that it is mojave.