Discussion Boards > Layouts

My L shaped O gauge layout in garage

<< < (2/6) > >>

pjdog350:
I ran the Orange & Gray Lionel 1700 plus the Yellow & Brown Lionel 1700 streamliner's this morning. The light in the power unit of the Yellow & Brown seems to be struggling. I think maybe the ground is having a problem? Or could be a wrong bulb?

These little streamliner's are sure fun. Glad I found these while being at home and hopefully safe.

early0electric:
Very Nice! Yeah, we all hope we're safe.

starfire700:
New paint can cause a ground problem. Also, There is sometimes a copper strip mounted with the light bracket, that helps with the ground.

pjdog350:
I'll check that out Starfire. I'm thinking it's the bulb cause when I give in allot of power it lights up well?

pjdog350:
Ran the 726 this morning. It's got the wrong tender. It's a diecast 224E tender I think. Has 4 wheel trucks rather than 6 wheel trucks.

I also have the Lionel lionchief Hudson. But I'm legal cause the star of the show is the 726!

Also ran the 671 Turbine. It's a good puller.

Tried to run the 1700's but they kept stopping. I cleaned the track and it got better but still they would stop sometimes. I guess there's something I don't understand about prewar. Maybe that's why it's hard to find a 1700 with an E-Unit. If I could lock out the e-unit they would be running fine, maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version