Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Lionel 1700E Jr restore number 3

(1/4) > >>

pjdog350:
I'm doing another Lionel streamline Jr. This one is really rough. Lots of rust. Going to have to make some new tabs. Motor needs new wheels. I believe this one has been in a flood. Showing lots of water damage?

pjdog350:
It's apart and ready for clean up and sand blasting. The wheels are cleaned up and the axles polished.

pjdog350:
Going to sand blast in the morning early. I should have enough time to get the trains paint and rust off. Maybe even make the new tabs. The new wheels and a new 100-10 e-unit came today.

S&W parts even sent a parts list for the 1700 along with a complete drawing of the complete train. Bill a real class act. He has everything you could need. His mails the part out ASAP and his prices are very good. I highly recommend him.

pjdog350:
Did the sand blasting this morning. It does a great job on rust. I was very happy with it. I did a video but it’s 14 minutes. I’m going to try to get it down to a few minutes on a rusty part.

Video later -

The video is still loading. It's to long but I wanted to show you how well the blasting removed the rust. Number 3 Lionel 1700 is ready for primer then paint. Plus I have all the parts to finish it.

pjdog350:
I have made progress on this set also. The frames are done and the wheels and couplers are installed. I’ve had problems with the paint on the bodies. The paint I normally use seems to be in short supply. I used a alternate and it’s really poor. I’m not sure but I think I may do the bodies over. I sent an email to the paint supplier I normally use and asked them what was going on. When would they be able to supply the paint I need. No word back from them as of yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version