Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Lionel 1700E motor

(1/1)

pjdog350:
Does anyone have a Lionel 1700E motor they would sell?

I have a set of cars but I'm having allot of trouble finding a motor?

Jack

pjdog350:
I was able to find a 1700e Motor. Don't know the price yet as when ordering parts for the next 1700E set I'm about to start I as ordering from my old friend Bill Harrison. I asked if he might have the motor. He did. I got another e-unit, the Lionel Lines boards that go on the side of the cars, screw in light bulbs, the "L" that goes on the front of the 1700E engine.

I was really surprised at how hard it was to find a motor. There seems to be 1701 & 1702 all over the place. engine bodies too but the motors are hard tp find. Saw one guy putting a Marx motor in the 1700 engine body? Seemed to work real well.

starfire700:
Motors for LL Jr streamliners are hard to find. I have found that a Marx prewar motor from a Commodore Vanderbilt or other, will fit and work, but you have to make and attach the top-hanger bracket. A screw can be substituted for the ball it hangs from, you would have to thread the hole where it attaches, so the height can be adjusted.

pjdog350:
I have an old friend I use to get parts from when I lived in the New Orleans area. He now lives in upstate New York but still is in the Lionel parts business. He had a motor for me. I still have not gotten it I think because I ordered 18 Lionel Lines boards for the 1700 car bodies I'm working on. But it will show up. Bill is a great guy.

jack

pjdog350:
Turns out my friend in New York could not find the 1700E motor I needed. So I'm on the hunt again for the motor. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought another 3 car 1700E just to get the motor. That now makes 7 1700E sets. Miss Sharon is not going to be happy. I only paid $ 57.00 plus shipping which is probably allot less than I'd have to pay for a motor!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version