Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Lost shipments in mail

(1/6) > >>

pjdog350:
Has anyone else had the mail (USPS) lose there stuff. I'm still waiting on a Lionel 1901 to 1942 Greenburg book. My friend in New York mailed allot of parts for my 5 Lionel 1700E restore projects. One of those items lost is a 1700 Motor. I've had 3 EBay purchases never show up. One guy on EBay said that was my problem and refused to refund the money? EBay showed him the error in his ways! I didn't know you could type those kind of words on the feedback. He was real upset over 15.99?

Anyway I hope you are all doing better than me. I forgot - thinking of getting a Lionel 259E. Saw one on another forum that someone (A Women I Think) had gotten at a thrift store for $30.00 and put $ 25.00 in it. So for $ 55.00 they had a super nice looking and good running prewar train for the Christmas tree this year.

Terry:
Lost shipments are rare. I've only lost one box sent to US  address in 22 years. That was a box sent to the wrong zip code that ended up in a different post office and the box holder kept it.

Anything sent by Priority mail has $50 or 100 of insurance on it. I don't know how they judge the claims, but the few I've had were paid without any contact after I filled out the online form.

The post office can be a mess.

I don't do parcel post anymore because I've had the boxes get buried and then the buyers complain daily that the tracking shows in transit. In one case, a woman in Texas had ebay get her money back from me and then got the Tonka truck a week later. She mailed me a check and was apologetic.

Don't be abusive to the sellers because the PO is screwed up.

I mailed LGB trains to the Jersey shore and they got to the regional sorting center in Philly, and then went to Puerto Rico. The first time this happened, it was funny. The trains were going on vacation. The second time it was a hassle, and the third time was the last time I was willing to deal with the buyer's complaints.

Now is the Christmas rush and the post office has surly temp workers. Give everything a chance to clear out. You have 30 days from the date of expected delivery to

The 259E is a great loco. Do NOT buy one with bad wheels. They are all 2-4-2 locos so if they don't have a trailing truck, it's been removed. The late body 258 is the same body with an 027 motor. Either in black is cheap. Really clean gray is a bit more, but still a bargain.

At some point you'll be after 1689 and 289 locos for your 1703 stream-liners. You should start looking for the 289E locos now. That's one of the most difficult locos to find.

early0electric:
We're way backed up here in the Detroit area. The News showed a line of about 30 semi's waiting to pick up mail. I guess that's to be expected with all that is going on. I've got about a dozen packages in limbo right now dating back 3 weeks. Hopefully eBay and the recipients will understand the crunch. Don't need adverse feedback or penalties because of the delay.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer/help-me-hank/2020/12/07/trucks-lined-up-outside-us-postal-service-mail-distribution-center-in-allen-park/

pjdog350:
The 1700E package showed up today. I was really surprised because I was sure that one was a goner. Problem is the 1700 motor was not in the package. Called my friend (Bill) and informed him the PO delivered the parts. Then asked what happened to the motor. They are really getting hard to find. I heard some lip boggie but I think he said he could not find it in a timely fashion. He does have lots of stuff. He is very busy filling orders. His inventory on the computer said he has one but? So I'm on the hunt for a motor again. May even settle for a Marx if I knew what Marx motor to get? I know nothing about Marx.

When I was a kid in Indianapolis I remember going up tp the 5&10 store. Danners I think. They had glass bins full of Marx trains. The where all in different piles. Engines here, boxcars there, cabooses over here.

Book is still MIA.

Later - Be safe everyone.

Terry:
I just had a second transformer destroyed in the mail. I'll get the price of the unit from the post office, but not the shipping.

I'm done. I'll sell little cheap crap though the end of the year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version