Author Topic: Lost shipments in mail  (Read 25398 times)

early0electric

• View Profile
Re: Lost shipments in mail
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 12:32:48 PM »
I have been proactive of notifying my buyers after waiting 2 weeks for delivery that they will no doubt have an extended period of waiting for packages to arrive due to the current conditions. They have all been receptive and understanding and also thank me for letting them know. I have only had one request for a refund which I gave as it appears his package is surely lost.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 07:20:21 PM »
I bought some Train stuff the other day and USPS said they would be here on the 11TH (today). Two of the items showed up today. Two other items where to be here tomorrow but it also showed up today. It looks like things in the world of shipping are getting better.
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 04:30:54 AM »
Train collectors are lucky in that we deal with a segment of the population who are basically honest and hold the same values as we do. This past holiday was an extreme condition that caused many situations that presented opportunities to defraud sellers, the PO and the "system". Our customers were mostly understanding and patient, and all eventually got their items. We had only one customer who left us a neutral, because "it took a month to get his item and he paid for 3 day express mail". The seller's fault, of course not, but he just needed someone to complain to. Ebay automated system said this feedback did not qualify for removal, however follow-up with the Ebay for business group got a favorable decision and the neutral feedback was removed.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 05:27:36 AM »
That's great that EBay supported you! I also agree with your statement that train collectors are good honest people. I've only had one problem in over 30 years.

These are my new items that came yesterday. Just two of them. The motor I got is in the parts box waiting for a place to work?

I thought I bought a 258e but a 259E arrived. Probably my mistake.

It was may mistake. The auction clearly said 259E. It does not run. It’s really a mess but looks real good. I don’t think I’ll restore it!

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 05:38:12 AM »
I’m having nothing but trouble with the 259E pictured above.

The 1700 streamline pictured above is another matter. The motor runs great. E-unit a little sticky at first but after a few cycles it’s performing very well. I almost hate to give it a bath but that’s what I always do when I get another Lionel train. I like all the years of crud to be watched off. I did see some brass tube wrapped around the axle shaft and there seem to be some play in the rear axle bushing? One wheel has a groove worn in it.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 05:11:48 AM »
I am putting this in the above thread, as it has to do with shipping frustrations.
We sell on Ebay, ship items daily, so lots of packing to do every AM.
A guy in Milwaukee bought a rolled calendar (20" long) a Marx tender and an Ives signal. My standard box that this combo would fit in is 24x9x9". At 3 to 4 pounds that would cost over $25 to ship, from western KY. If I just cut the height dimension down to 7" the price goes to a reasonable $11. Two inches more than doubles the price????? WTF USPS?
Just venting, not easy selling and shipping mail order, however we have been doing it since the late 1970's and will continue until I die.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 01:21:31 PM »
That's the dim. Dimensional weight.

Did you notice the shipping companies raised their rates for the Christmas rush, then lowered them, then USPS raised them again.

Medium flat rate boxes:

In November: $12.80
In December: $13.20
In January $12.80
Today: $13.34

A good note. . . My buyer complaints about shipping fees are much lower than they used to be. I guess all the shopping from home during the 3-weeks to flatten the curve educated them about shipping costs.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 04:11:38 PM »
I think they add a fee for the Christmas rush, then remove it, but then have a general rate increase after the first of the year.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2021, 04:47:23 AM »
USPS is really screwing up my 259E drive wheel problem. My parts guy in New York sent me some wheels that don’t have the post for the crank that pushes the drive rod into the steam piston.   SO they are useless to me. I waited so long for these I ordered another set from a vendor on EBay. They got to Orlando FL, then went to Tampa FL.  Tamps is only 45 mile south on Hudson? Now they are in Dallas TX. WTF.

The toy train Gods don’t want me to have a 259E I guess. Everything is against me on this project? I thought at first maybe the toy train gods think I have to many trains. But then I see Jim’s trains, Terry’s train and You other guys got the train market cornered. So what’s up with me getting some drive wheels for the 259E?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2021, 09:43:23 AM »
At the little post office I go to only one person is working there that was there in November.  The mailman who does my neighborhood comes by anytime between 2 and 6. It's like they're being run by the Soviets. 

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 05:13:01 AM »
The drive wheels that got to Jacksonville Fl, then Orlando Fl., then Tampa Fl, then Dallas Tx, then Jacksonville Fl. Again, now are in Hudson Fl. That’s only 3 miles from the house. I hope they come to my house now rather than going some where else?.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 12:57:21 PM »
I had a complaint from an eBay buyer in Texas.

Tracking says "Due to severe weather, packages may be delayed."  I 've never seen that before.

The box made it 35 miles and has been sitting in the regional sorting center for 7 days.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 03:33:41 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/1613988168825686/videos/1104109040031912

The above link explains why USPS is re-routing packages when a destination facility is overwhelmed or short of staff due to Covid or weather, such as recently in Texas.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2021, 12:58:45 PM »
I can't say that I have had anything lost, delayed for about 6 weeks though, but nonetheless, I have a package that I dropped off inside one of our local Post Offices that apparently has gone into another dimension. No record of acceptance, no tracking. Too bad, as it was a DVD from a VHS tape sent to a friend of mine of movies when we and our mutual friends were 53 years younger. Maybe it will surface some day.