Author Topic: Lionel streamline on ebay  (Read 6091 times)

pjdog350

• View Profile
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
Re: Lionel streamline on ebay
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 04:25:08 AM »
This is a nice looking set with the cars repainted to match the gunmetal 1689E loco. He was able to mask the window frames so they remained original red.
Maybe its just me, but a couple of "red flags" on this seller are his price, about 2X what the set is worth and the fact that his title is "key-word spamming" by listing 6 loco numbers that are not included in the listing. Sellers do this to attract buyers that are looking for other items, and Ebay used to consider it a policy violation.

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 08:41:53 AM »
I saw Starefire’s post and got the Greenberg book out. Looked at the EBay posting and I can’t find Harding any pictures In the book. I see numbers look in the book for the numbers. Sometimes they are not even there or if they are I don’t see a picture. I guess I’m not a word guy but a picture guy.

Really confusing for me. Maybe I’m to old to start a different category of LIONEL.

I  was thinking of buying the eBay train as the thing is so pretty. But the price is high and with Starefire’s notes. I’ll do my own!

If my patient will give me the time I’m going on the hunt in the mancave for my Paasche airbrush. Krylon gave me trouble this morning and I’m fed up with the fight with the using the new spray head that really sucks.
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 02:19:25 PM »
Yeah, Stay Home with your trains and be Safe.