Discussion Boards > General Discussion

Recent Additions

<< < (3/41) > >>

Terry:
Last month I posted on the auction thread:

--- Quote ---Here's a few lots of neat standard gauge. Some is repainted, some is original. Someone in the Northeast should go look and bid on it. Of note is the  112 gondola with Pennsylvania on it - I think I have one, but can't find it. A 400E and tender, Pea green 38 that might be original, an olive 42 with strap headlight that is probably repainted and more.
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/178589_autumn-fine-estates-auction/?terms=lionel

--- End quote ---

Don Lewis bought some of the trains and sent me the boxcar and gondola. The olive 42 wasn't repainted, it was a late corp. model same color as the common 33 locos. I thought it was repainted and by the time I asked about it, he'd offered it to someone else.

Here's the boxcar which has MFG stamped into floor:

Here's the gondola which has no Lionel markings whatsoever and could be from any period between 1915 and 24.

I still think I have the gondola around somewhere, but might be thinking of the 901 O gauge gondola.

Since this was just cheap stuff, I had Don ship it by Fedex to my PO box using the street address and unit 34. Fedex delivered it and Alice at the Post office signed for it and put it into a locker for me. I had a buyer last week in Ware MA who lost a fedex package off his doorstep  to "Porch Pirates" even though he was home because fedex just dropped it on the porch and left. They don't even ring the bell because some sick person might answer.

A few months ago,  I bought something else and it came in FEDEX signature required and the driver just left it by the door. The guy in MA now has his packages sent to the nearby Walgreens. I write his phone number on the box and the Walgreens worker calls to let him know they have something for him.

early0electric:
The 152/154 came today from Tony Hay. How nice to receive it on my 70th Birthday! Ugh, who wants to be 70? Anyway, it's very nice, great RS on both sides. Original wiring. Looks like the original owner added a terminal connected to the rear door window to use a lighting kit to illuminate passenger cars. What a great piece! No reverse as expected. This is the 3rd one I have of these so I don't think it was a mistake. I believe they stamped 154 type bodies 152 and didn't add a reverse for some length of production. Love that tipped light-bulb!

Terry:
That's wonderful. . .

You have three of those now?

Do you have a peacock 150? I have two of those.
Maybe we can trade?

early0electric:
Thanks, but I have a really nice one.

Terry:
That is a nice one.

My answer to the question"What's your favorite train?" is  "The next one."

This gives me something to look for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version