Author Topic: Before & After  (Read 8131 times)

cndctr111

• View Profile
Before & After
« on: January 22, 2022, 10:22:06 AM »
Share some photos of custom or refurbished trains. I truly admire those Marx toy engineers that designed these trains to survive the battle of time. There are many that I dare not change, but once in a while I get badly neglected train that needs a new life. Such is the case with this Marx Union Pacific M10000 Streamliner. Why anyone would do that is beyond me. I tried to salvage by removing the old paint but was unsuccessful. The motor was overhauled, not working at all, runs beautiful now. The shell I went with a 2-tone flat/gloss black look. I call it the "Darth Vader" look. I hope others will add to this post, I totally enjoy this train fellowship on this site. If you want to see more check out videos on rumble.com under CNDCTR111
Dino

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
Re: Before & After
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 04:41:03 AM »
Great to see that some train enthusiasts still do restorations. It is a good feeling to give a neglected item "New Life" when most would have given-up on it. Now you need to restore some cars to complete the Darth Vader train. All black cars with lights inside whizzing around a track would look awesome.