Author Topic: Searching for trains on eBay  (Read 37151 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Re: Searching for trains on eBay
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 05:11:32 PM »
This is why people start buying other items. Finding and buying is the reward.

I'm seeing some nice stuff on Liveauctions and Invauable but eBay is iffy.

I want the other Lionel Mountain that's coming up this weekend, but it's going into a high range. 

I did grab an 801 caboose with clipped corners a few days ago. 

romiin

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2021, 07:43:22 PM »
   Glad you scored something Terry.  I thought after I had my big 800 series train complete,  I would quit.  But I think I'm addicted.  I'm looking for a 250 or 252 engine with the 529/530 passenger cars in terra cotta.  I might have to buy the engine separate from the cars see what comes along.  My wife is giving me the stink eye, it does add up. The older I get the more I just want to be a kid again. Like pjdog350 said (they are therapy) .It is a great hobby to get lost in.  I see other auctions, but I quess I just feel safe on ebay.  I have had great experiences with all my transactions and shipping too. Loco

pjdog350

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2021, 03:11:11 AM »
I decided to make a military train. Paid over 30 dollars for plastic 1/48 scale Sherman tanks. Just a few years ago they where 5 bucks? What happened. I got 8 0r 9 flat cars from terry and I want tanks for them. At 80 years old paying that for plastic models is stupid. But as Loco just said I treat this as therapy. These are hard times. Age and cv-19 and the government I need something to take the edge off of life.
Stay home with your trains and be safe
Life is better with a Dog

romiin

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2021, 07:38:15 AM »
   Hope you post a couple picture when you get it all together.  Your right with all the s### going on in the world today you do need a good distraction. I smile every time I look at the trains. I just have mine as display only at the moment, but who knows I might take a notion and build a layout one day. This place is about an hour from me I have to go check it out http://www.osoyoosrailroad.com/ .  Big indoor layout.  Who doesn't want to be a kid again.  :D Loco