Author Topic: Madison Hardware Sticker  (Read 10531 times)

early0electric

• View Profile
Madison Hardware Sticker
« on: July 20, 2020, 05:51:03 PM »
I recently saw one of these up on eBay and was reminded that I have one stuck inside a manufacturing 154 that was stamped 152, with no reverse that apparently was brought in for repair. Hopefully what was repaired was not an indication of the repair work at Madison. It has new rollers but they don't turn and grooves are severely cut in them. Still having trouble getting down to acceptable file size for this site.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Re: Madison Hardware Sticker
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 09:26:44 PM »
I don't remeber seeing anything from befor ethe late 1930s with a Madison sticker. Neat.

The stamp might mean it was sold by Madison, rather than being fixed by them.

Regarding photos.

In Windows 10 photo viewer, with the photo open select the settibgs . . . then select RESIZE (3rd down). In resize you can save as option C define custom Demensions. Select 1200 for width which should set height to 900 automatically, Check MAINTAIN Aspect Ration, and with the quality slider select a value between 40-80%.   

The sweet spot is about 80-120KB for a 1200 by 900 image from my camera is at 75% quality . It will take some experimenting, but once you find it, it's the same every time.

With the Windows Photo Viewer, you can import from the camera, and then open and save each picture to a new location. Those pictures are then uploaded.

I just took a picture of the dog as an example.

40% is a size of 70KB

60 percent is 99KB

80 percent is  129 KB

You can use the arrow in the viewer to move between those pictures. Not much of a difference I can see.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:05:25 AM »
It must have been common for shops in the teens and 1920's to add their business info to items. Here are 2 different ones, a sticker and a decal for an Electric shop in Cincinnati. They are on the underside of 2 #29 MFG daycoaches.
Also here is an interesting American Flyer hang tag that came to me with a President's Special set. I sold the set, but kept the tag.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 06:58:20 AM »
I did a little research on the phone number on the sticker. Madison used to have a GRamercy phone exchange. It was changed to the SPring exchange in 1949-50. So that helps date the sticker. As far as it being in the loco, the loco had to be in for repair or maybe just sold as used.