Author Topic: Mike's layout  (Read 22535 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Re: Mike's layout
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 03:19:42 PM »
I heard there is another hoard of old Lionel paper dating back into the 1920s but don't know who owns it.

There is a book called White Street that has information from Lionel company meetings between 1906 and 1910 when the factory moved to New haven. The book has actual production numbers by month.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 11:56:59 AM »
The White Street book you mentioned was written by Paul Kovacs. I believe there is a 2nd edition of the book. All production was done at White Street until they outgrew the facility in 1909.

I've not heard of another stash of Lionel Paper unless it was in the granddaughters possession. Some of the items they had are "out there" but the bulk of it when it was sold, I believe, remains underground. What a shame.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 07:47:45 PM »
Here's my Christmas layout.  Nothing spectacular, just a simple oval, but it fits the room.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/viNPoAPMjbswYAix7

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2020, 05:07:05 AM »
Nice table layout. Did you use a white sheet or Christmas felt for the snow. Looks like you have the Lionel/Shonhut station. Looks nice with the lights. Happy Holidays!

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 09:34:55 AM »
I have never known for sure, how to tell a Shonehut station made for Shonehut from one that they made for Lionel. Is there any difference? I have both the 124 station size and smaller station, but do not have either at this time.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 08:15:35 PM »
Jim, the snow is one of those snow blankets that they sell in stores this time of the year. the size is perfect for the table I have. As far as the station, I believe it to be the 121 that Schoenhut made for Lionel because the dimensions match the ones in the catalog. I have seen larger and I have seen smaller Schoenhut stations. How do you tell? Good question! I have never seen a boxed one or one with a Lionel label.

The only thing missing from my layout is my granddaughters help decorating it.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 04:27:12 AM »
I guess that I spelled Shoenhut wrong, because I don't have one. The only label I have seen on them is a small Shoenhut decal on the edge of the base.
These stations have that great "vintage" look and go perfect with early Lionel.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 01:46:12 PM »
I used to have some boxed Schoenhut Hollywood Home Builder houses that also went well with early Lionel.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/15174998_278-schoenhut-0410-hollywood-home-builder-kit-ob

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 04:43:29 PM »

Those are nice. I don't think I have seen them, or at least not in the box.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 04:54:10 PM »
The schoenhuts are wonderful. I have a whole town of Schoenhuts  on my layout. The ones on the end under the cliff.

They made stores which I don't have. This lot has stores in the backrow.]https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/42057991_schoenhut-home-builder-houses]This lot has stores in the backrow. Those are harder to find than the houses.

There is also a Barn which I think I have, but can't find and the gas station and most of the houses were made with pressed paper roofs after 1932. Then they went bankrupt. They came out of bankruptcy as SKYLINE MFG.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 06:10:45 PM »
Yeah, Terry, they're great and look great. Nice vintage accessories for vintage trains.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 07:13:11 PM »
I have a bunch of loose parts for them if you need to fix some up. Roofs, floors, doors and windows.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 07:52:17 PM »
Thanks Terry, but a had a bout of unemployment back in 2005 and had to let some things go.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2021, 03:34:08 PM »
Christmas has passed and the Christmas tree and christmas figures have been put away. Now I have a winter layout.

CNJRR

• "The Biggest Little Railroad"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2021, 03:52:19 PM »
Nice.
You going to keep it up?

Funny you say winter layout
I am turning a small N scale layout I have, into a year long winter wonder land, just started.  :)