Author Topic: Lionel Town Stations # 127 and 137 1923-42  (Read 8754 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Lionel Town Stations # 127 and 137 1923-42
« on: November 13, 2020, 07:50:26 PM »
I'm going to start wiring these into the layout so I decided to post picturtes of them now. There are a bunch of versions of this small station. Here's a few.

I think this order is in the order that they were made. The 127 was introduced in 1923 and cataloged until 1936. In 1937, the station got upgraded with the automatic stop feature and became the 137. The 137 was cataloged until 1942.

The 127 Station:

Maroon roof, dark mustard sides, flat light gray base (TCA book calls this flat Hiawatha gray), Stephen Girard green windows, wood grain doors, dark green trim, brick litho chimney,  and brass sign. (I added window plastic to this one decades ago.)

Dark red roof, dark mustard sides, #10 gray base,  Stephen Girard green windows, maroon doors, dark green trim, brick litho chimney, and brass sign.

Bright red roof, ivory sides (same color as 514R reefer), #10 gray base,  orange windows, maroon doors, peacock trim, brick litho chimney, and brass sign.

Bright red roof, white sides, light mustard base,  yellow windows, yellow doors, 45N green trim, white chimney, and brass sign.

The 137 Station:

Bright red roof, white sides, light mustard base,  yellow windows, yellow doors, 45N green trim, white chimney, and nickel sign.

Note that the 137 has three binding posts on one end of the station. The earlier 127 stations do not have exterior binding posts. All connections are made inside.

Bright red roof, white sides, hiawatha gray base,  yellow windows, yellow doors, 45N green trim, white chimney, and nickel sign.

This station was also made for IVES. Basically the same as the Liobnel 127, but the plate over the doors says "The Ives Railway Lines" rather than Lioneltown.

The IVES Version:

Bright red roof, ivory sides (same color as 514R reefer), mohave base,  yellow windows, dark red doors, peacock trim, brick litho chimney, and brass sign.

I'm sure the 127 comes with a mohave base. If you have variations not shown here, post pictures below and I'll add them to this post.