Author Topic: Recent Additions  (Read 3350 times)

Loco

• View Profile
Re: Recent Additions
« Reply #45 »
close up

murph-7

• ......M7
    • View Profile
    • Murph-7 Trains
« Reply #46 »
trying my best to figure pics out Terry--154 olive..never seen with this much paint.. Thx for telling me the year and tip on aligning pics better. You cannot see from my pics but stamping is pretty strong. This one appears unplayed with..

IMG_1709 (1).jpgRecent Additions

IMG_1710.jpgRecent Additions

IMG_1711.jpgRecent Additions

IMG_1712 (1).jpgRecent Additions
Murph-7

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #47 »
Larry - That's a great olive 154. Cleanest one I've seen. I think those are factory clean outs from the mid 1920s.  Early body with downward screws on the ends in a late color.  I was happy to get the beat up one I have. It also comes with the screws in from the ends.

Here's the two body types:

154body.jpgRecent Additions

I shrink the pictures so they are 1200 pixels by 1200 pixels and then drop the quality to lower the number of bytes so it's under the 180KB board requirements.  From there, the board will resize the photos so they work well in the slide show and enlarged view.

All the photos I upload are resized so they end up in the same folder using the program I bought to do eBay pictures in 1998.  Then when I upload the board or windows10 remembers recently used folders.

When you insert the pictures in the board field, put each image on it's own line with a a blank line between them so they line up vertically.

After a few times it becomes easier.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 »
Larry, That's a beauty! I've got a 152, 153, but not a 154 in olive.
IMG_20201227_110032466 (600x352).jpgRecent Additions

IMG_20201227_110048631 (640x365).jpgRecent Additions

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #49 »
The 152 comes in olive and dark olive.

152d1b.jpgRecent Additions

Note both have hand reverse holes but no gold paint on wire handrails. I think these are just normal production, and the color difference might be based on mixing or batches:

I also have an olive 153.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
Here's an interesting car.

Dark green 600 pullman with regular wheels, 600 stacked over LL on end, and no lettering on sides. Looks like there was a gold stripe on one side, but not the other.

600b4.jpgRecent Additions

600b4x.jpgRecent Additions

I've been looking for a good dark green roof for almost 30 years. Now I can look for two.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #51 »
Terry, What was that you were saying about needing a couple of dark green 600 roofs?

600NR (600x344).jpgRecent Additions

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #52 »
My first set of dark green 600 cars came from the Nor-Cal  TCA meet in the early 1990s. One was missing a roof. It still is.

Last month I bought dark green 158 shell. It should be easier to find the parts for that.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #53 »
I have a few original Outfits with Dark Green 600 Pullmans. Those 2 are renegades.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 »
WHOOPS! Talk about a senior moment, I was thinking Dark Olive 154!

olive 154 (800x231).jpgRecent Additions

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #55 »
I just got this in the mail today. I had a 5 years ago, but "cleaned" the blued boiler with naval jelly and ruined it. It went when my dad bought a 51.

This one is from 1912-14. Pedestal headlight, crinkle couplers and two piece reverse unit.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 »
My latest is a Manufacturing 156 with gold vents. (I still struggle with these damn attachments...)

my156 gold vents (600x277).jpgRecent Additions

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #57 »
The gold vent 156 still strikes me as weird. None of the 703 locos I've seen have gold vents, but they made some 156s with gold vents. Just weird. I have one of those, but not as nice. Great find.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #58 »
I also have a gold-vent 156, not as nice also, and also wonder the same thing about the gold vents. At one time I was under the impression that only early 700 series locos got the gold vent trim, but we know now that is not true.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 »
I know of about a a half dozen or so of these and yes, they don't quite fit in as there are no other manufacturing 150 series locos with gold vents (at least as far as I know of, anyway). The 703 was never produced with gold vents (same caveat), so the gold vent 156 sort of stands alone.