Author Topic: Some Interesting Lionel Items  (Read 59587 times)

early0electric

• View Profile
Re: Some Interesting Lionel Items
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »
Here's 3 820's with brown /Tuscan roofs. 2 like Jim's, 1 like Terry's.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
I was asking if the stamp on the earliest 820 comes on standard gauge 12 or 16 cars?

Here's an interesting 117 caboose. Red caboose in front missing last number and the 3rd R. Both sides are like that. The brown caboose in the back is double stamped.

They changed the copula roofs and the way they were painted. I have both brown and red with the different roofs. There may be a square roof painted black, or a rounded roof in the body color? Or both.

The brown car with black copula has dimple trucks. The square red roof car has combination latch couplers. Either could be the newest car. Or they could have been changed over the years.

I never got into these cabooses so I only have the four shown. I think all are corp cars even though some aren't marked.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 06:37:29 AM »
Here is my one and only original Lionel 2-7/8" item. It is a #330 crossing, dates to 1902 to 1905, so also is my oldest Lionel item.
The 330 crossing is mentioned, but not pictured in the TCA book Standard of the World. It has a sticker on the back with #330 faintly visible.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 06:39:01 AM »
Here are some pictures of the #217 car lighting set with its original Manufacturing box.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »
Here's a Manufacturing 4390 801 caboose with a black cupola. Looks original, but who knows? Color, quality, dust in paint and all that match.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »
Here's a car that almost got away. I listed this observation on eBay for $25 thinking someone would repaint it.

Here's the picture from the eBay listing:

An eBayer sent me a request to buy the car for $75. My first reaction was yes I'll sell it for $75, but then decided to take a look at the car.

It says "The Lionel Lines" over the windows.

I put a note on it and took it back downstairs. I don't have matching cars to put with it. It's a late car with oil label and just the number on the end:

The trucks don't have slots for lights, but this came as part of a group of cars where the former owner had switched parts. He might have switched the lights onto another car.

The former owner upgraded it by adding lights to the rear deck. Looks neat, but not a variation.

Neat.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2020, 07:48:49 AM »
I guess rear marker lights were a popular conversion, back in the day. I have a Corporation 36 observation and 190 MFG observation with rear lights added.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2020, 07:52:03 AM »
I kept the 36 because of its clean EX condition, lights shown in operation.
The 190 has a total of 6 lights added: 2 tail lights, 2 interior floor lights and 2 fancy blue ceiling-mount lights in porcelain fixtures. As can be seen, the wiring is a mess, so would require some work to get them all working.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2020, 02:19:27 PM »
I just saw your post about lights. I tell people I feel sad when I see trains that are new in the box. As a collector they are wonderful, but as toys they missed out on the fun.

Here's one that was played with:

That's a factory repaint over state brown!

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2020, 12:06:18 PM »
Yes, I agree that mint in box trains are very sad, lonely trains.
I actually bought a set form an older couple a long time ago. It was EX in box, because was bought for a child who was ill and eventually passed away. It was a lonely train.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2020, 12:16:12 PM »
Has anyone else seen this variation of the 100-series bridges? They have plain flat tops on corner posts of the center span, no punched hole with wood finial trim.
I have a 3 piece O Gauge 106 and a standard gauge 104 center-span, both with early boxes. Only the 110 O-gauge center span listing in the TCA Standard of the World book, mentions with or without wood finials. I have them in O and Standard.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2020, 01:38:06 PM »
Boxes for bridges

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »
Here's one to ponder. This is a 150 seen at YORK a couple of years ago. Not in my collection and not for sale at the time. Typical maroon, but inside...!

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2020, 01:34:34 PM »
Jim - I have a drawer full of the knobs that are missing on your bridges. Just kidding.

I've seen and had those bridges. Don't know what I have downstairs as they are still packed.

The standard gauge bridge comes in olive or girard green - same color as light green 812 gondola with latch coupler.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2020, 04:51:00 AM »
Wow! an orange 150 would be a jewel. I have had several that when I opened them, inside they were originally painted mojave. I believe they were all maroon on the outside.