Author Topic: Interesting Auction Items  (Read 227693 times)

early0electric

• View Profile
Re: Interesting Auction Items
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2021, 05:23:10 PM »
Very interesting! How did you come across these?

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2021, 05:22:52 AM »
Terry, did you ever get the photo of the loco that matches the gondola on Milestone auction?

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2021, 05:05:49 PM »
Mike - That's Allen Drucker who owned the big store in LA for decades. He had a nice collection of early stuff a few years back so I always look at his stuff. I bet those cars were put together by Rich-Art or John Thousand who imported the ETS trains to see what they could do. That motor was used on the track running diecast VW. Drucker knew all those west coast train makers because he sold their trains in his store.

Jim - No I haven't. I was trying to get him to bring it over last weekend so I could video it running. I'll see him in the morning and get him to send me a few pics.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2021, 01:30:25 AM »
Here's the beast. My dad got this from an antique store owner who got it in CA somewhere. My freind thought getting it running would be a good challenge so he has it now. The motor is from an American Flyer standard gauge loco.

It has a siren in it and goes through a sequence. I'll get him to bring it over and do a video of it sometime in the future. It was painted an olive green color over the brass/bronze , but most has flaked away.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2021, 03:57:51 AM »
Yes BEAST is a kind description of it, not pretty.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2021, 01:46:47 PM »
Terry - I bought that Czech outfit. It arrived and it's really a cute little train. Runs well (?) except the worm gear on the power unit doesn't always engage the gear on the axle. I tried shimming the motor closer but still doesn't help much. Brass against nylon and nylon loses. Roof, frame, and couplers are 600, body started as a 600. 5 doors were eliminated (each end, one on one side and both from the other side) from each car and replaced with windows (3 on each end) so only one entrance and one exit! Not too safe for the passengers! Motorman's window is not covered with film on the power unit. New and out of my wheelhouse but a definite relation to early period Lionel O gauge.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2021, 11:20:06 AM »
Here's a Lionel Converse trolley or what's left of one for sale on eBay. It's a little (?) rough and a bit (?) high priced for what's being offered. Reminds me of the Titanic. Yeah it's there but it's fading away!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164878327438?hash=item2663839e8e:g:~TEAAOSwE4NgqJET

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2021, 01:34:27 PM »
I woyldn't have that trolley in my house. I'd keep it downstairs with the other trains.

Here's a few interesting items:

1914 Lionel Type Y Motor in the box.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/103996331_lionel-manufacturing-type-y-motor

And a blue American Flyer 4681 5 piper:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/103996211_american-flyer-4681-loco

I have a chocolate brown 5 piper loco downstairs, but it has a black tender. Might be unique? Frank Petruzo had a green AF standard tender, but as far as I know no green loco has been found.

That auction also has some outrageously rare early Tootsietoys, and some nice boxed TT sets.

starfire700

• View Profile
    • ebay auctions
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2021, 04:28:39 AM »
I remember seeing the Green AF Vandy tender when I would visit Frank. He used to boast that it was the only piece of AF that he had. I don't remember seeing it when Shirley auctioned his stuff, so wonder where it went. This and the different color Pipers, must have been paint samples that walked out the door or were sold from the Chicago showroom.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2021, 01:56:05 PM »
When I saw Frank's trains he pointed out the green tender and explained he was keeping it as trading stock. My impression was he was using it as bait.

Plus you can't miss it if you know what you're looking at. It's like a turd in a sandbox.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2021, 11:36:56 PM »
Here's something interesting:

1935 Lionel 35th anniversary paperweight paper clip holder.  Usually these are missing the planes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254999185601

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eBay Auctions
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2021, 03:37:32 PM »
Here's somethiong for Mike. It's in Michigan!

Upside down 600 pullman in brown!

Looks like the frame and motor from the 150 is under the Marx Commodore Vandy body on the  right.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/103926094_lot-of-9-2-engines-and-7-misc-cars

If you're bidding. everything other than the lionel 600 cars and the motor is worth about $60. Add another $35 if the  diecast 3/16" O tender has sound in it.

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2021, 08:27:24 PM »
The cats out of the bag! If you look close you can see the mounting tabs for the body on the 600 sticking up. Makes you wonder how the body is staying on the frame. Actually, I don't think the body is mounted. I think it's loose and they just put it on the frame and placed the roof on it.

CNJRR

• "The Biggest Little Railroad"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2021, 04:00:24 PM »
Here's something interesting:

1935 Lionel 35th anniversary paperweight paper clip holder.  Usually these are missing the planes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254999185601

I never saw one of those.
Bids over $400 right now, I will never own one. :)

early0electric

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2021, 03:00:07 PM »
Here's something you postwar collectors might be interested in.

https://ambrosebauer.com/lotdetail.php?auction=363&lot=175